If you are entitled to a self-certified agreement, simply complete the online questionnaire and you can start your work immediately (provided that your work matches the description you gave in the online questionnaire). A self-certified agreement is free of charge. * There is also a legal fee for Class 3 sewer construction agreements, usually around £550 Obviously, you want to avoid a situation where the Water Authority can demolish part of your building, but if you built on the sewer pipe after October 2011, the options are either; Building near or above public sewers is usually pretty easy on site, as long as you get the right design details. Here are some of the most important technical points to keep in mind: A construction agreement is required by the water utilities for all construction work on public sewers or within 3 m of one. This obligation is even anchored as an alliance in the documents of some more modern characteristics. Your local water company will not allow wells or drain covers to remain inside your property as the risk of flooding and odor problems has increased. Therefore, both must be completely removed and the piping through the wells must be rebuilt outside the extension work. A superstructure agreement may be needed if you plan to build something new – whether it`s a house, extension or garage – and there`s a public channel where you want to position your new building. And without the necessary approval documents from the water company, the building inspection will not sign the important certificate of completion you need when it comes to selling or reprogramming the house. Sometimes problems arise when homeowners try to sell their property that has been partially or completely built on a public sewer system.

Conservatories and extensions are the usual authors. If no construction agreement has been reached during the execution of the work, the water company has the legal right to enter the property in order to access the sewer, even if this means the demolition of the structure located above the sewer. However, the water company will avoid causing damage if possible and will look for other ways to access the sewer system, but the risk remains. If a construction contract has been concluded, the water company does not have the right to remove or demolish the structure above the sewer system. To find out whether or not you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above). or ask us! A construction agreement is an agreement with the water authority that states that if you work above or within 3 meters of a public sewer, this will not negatively affect the sewer below and will also ensure that the water authority has sufficient access to the sewer so that it can be repaired and maintained in the future. If you have any other issues with drains on your property, call Coastal Drains today or email Coastal Drains and we can unlock, repair or clean your drains as needed. We love what we do and we want you to have as few problems as possible with any aspect of your drainage, so we will do everything we can to maintain your operation and keep your household comfortable. If you want to overbuild a public sewer, you are required by law to enter into a construction contract with the water and wastewater supplier.

This hasn`t always been the case in the past, and this blog explores when a construction agreement is needed, how it affects you and your property, and what the situation was before October 2011 in terms of construction plans. With nearly 450,000km of sewer lines in the UK running under roads and gardens, as well as under fields and other land, there`s a chance there`s a public sewer near your site. Building on top of or near a sewer pipe could mean damaging the pipe itself or the property itself, while it`s also important for the water company to be able to access and maintain its sewers over time. All the work is done quickly and efficiently, because we have all the necessary knowledge, tools and equipment for each task, developed and perfected over the years, we have taken care of our customers` drains. All you have to do is call and make an appointment for us to come to you, then sit back and relax while we collect your pipes in perfect condition. You may be able to obtain build-over consent with self-certification, or you may need to request a formal build-over agreement. It depends on the specifics of your property and your plans. As part of your application for a construction contract, your water authority will inspect the public sewer to determine its condition before work begins, and will continue to do so after completion. Whether this is done by video surveillance or by entering the sewer probably depends on its diameter. Thames Water, for example, uses a camera for pipes between 160 mm and 375 mm in diameter, but can perform its checks by entering the sewer if its diameter is greater than 375 mm. Whether or not you need an application depends on how close your property line (and public sewer) you want to build. This may vary depending on the area you live in, but the general guideline is usually that you will need a permit if your planned work is within 3 m of the nearest public sewer.

(i) approve the condition of the sewerage system; and (ii) provide a comfort letter confirming that the sewer is in good condition and that they will not take steps to demolish the building above the accepted sewer. In short, no. We can help you navigate the complexities of build-over agreements so you don`t have to deal with the essentials. .

What Is a Building over Agreement